Sentimentality and a sacred thread of reason combine Sridhar’s virtuoso mastery of technique and his passion-filled exposition of musical landscapes. Without so much as a breath for a pause and thought for the coming moment, Sridhar unleashes from complex emotions of hope, romance, beauty and fear, onto the invisible contours of symphonic artistry traversed in liaison with the strings, frets and tuners of his instrument: the guitar; ultimately creating a singular yet multifaceted language of his own.
Sridharan Ravichandran is a Berlin based guitarist, composer, vocalist, multi-instrumentalist and record producer. Sridhar launched his debut solo album in the summer of 2009. Titled Transcend, the 9-track rock instrumental debuted at #35 on CDbaby.com’s charts and subsequently went on to recieve critical acclaim from across the globe. His sophomore record Afterward, and the follow up to Transcend, was launched in the summer of 2010 and serves as a tribute to the multitude of influences in Sridhar’s musical journey, inspired by sounds from heavy metal to electronically synthesized soundscapes.
Contact/Booking/Press and other enquiries: sridhar (AT) sridharsmusic.com
- “Overall the album speaks volumes of the maturity of the artist and his control over the instrument, one of the most sought after techniques on the electric guitar. ” Chordvine.com review of ‘Transcend’
- “I relive my dreams as a guitar player through Sridhar’s music.” Arun Shenoy, critically acclaimed producer
- “Very nice musicianship” Lauriemonk, Guitar music connoisseur, Truthinshredding.com
- “I listened to your music online and I must say I am very impressed” Mickey Meyer, prolific film music composer
- “Incredible tone, phrasing, chops, melodies, composition. Is there anything else to critique?” Harmony-Central online community
- “Sridhar is evidently a very talented guitarist and much of that talent is on display in this album [Transcend].” Riffcafe
- “Call him a guitar prodigy, guitar virtuoso, new kid on the block or any other suitable name, but make way, Sridhar has arrived!” Indianrockmp3.com review of ‘Transcend’